- You have a computer that is running the 64-bit version of a Windows operating system.
- You have Windows Internet Explorer 8 installed in the computer.
- You have the 32-bit version of some toolbars installed in Internet Explorer 8.
- You start the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer 8.
Note This problem does not occur if you have both the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version of the toolbars installed.
Security update informationTo resolve this problem, install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft website: Note This update was first included in security update 982381 (MS10-035). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Tools, and then point to Toolbars.
- Select the toolbar that you want to display.
Article ID: 982075 - Last Review: Feb 3, 2011 - Revision: 1