Update informationNote This update is a component that is included into the Silverlight 4 tools for Visual Studio 2010.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesYou must have Visual Studio 2010 RTM installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou must restart your computer to complete the installation.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Issues that are fixed by this update
- When you reparent two buttons into a grid, the WPF designer or the Silverlight designer freezes.
- In a Silverlight project, the DataGrid control disappears from the associated controls of a Data type in the Data Sources window. This issue occurs when you select any data type except from the List data type.
- When you drag a DataGrid control from the toolbox to XAML in a Silverlight project, you receive the following error message: Error, unusable designer, bad XAML
Error 1 Assembly 'System.Windows.Controls.Data' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. Also, verify that your project and all referenced assemblies have been built.
- When you set the IsEnabled property of a control to false, you cannot select and move the control in Silverlight designer.
- When you try to select a StackPanel control inside a Popup category on the Document Outline window, an InvalidOperationException exception occurs. Then, the WPF designer or the Silverlight designer crashes.
- You have a user control that contains several controls in a WPF project or in a Silverlight project in Microsoft Visual Basic. These controls are exposed to the host of the user control in the Properties window and in IntelliSense. When you change any property of these controls, a System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException exception occurs and then the designer crashes.
- The WPF and Silverlight designer extensibility does not load all design assemblies in the toolbox.
- The design surface reflects styles in the App.xaml file of the project in the WPF designer or in the Silverlight designer unexpectedly.
- The Properties window and the designer become blank after you work in a WPF project or in a Silverlight project for a long time.
- You have an AutoCompleteBox control in a Silverlight 4 project. When you check or clear the IsDropDownOpen check box in the Properties window, XAML is only updated the first time that the check box is checked or cleared. Additionally, the check box in the property value editor is never updated.
- When you select a control in the WPF designer or Silverlight designer, the Style field under the Common category in the Properties window does not update to the corresponding style.
Article ID: 982218 - Last Review: Jun 13, 2010 - Revision: 1