- A server in a server farm is running one of the following versions of Microsoft SharePoint:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- You delete and then re-create a user account in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Then, you add this user account to the SharePoint server.
- On the server that is running SharePoint, click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
- Right-click Command Prompt, click Run as Administrator, and then click Yes.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: stsadm.exe -o migrateuser -oldlogin Domain name\Old user name -newlogin Domain name\New user name –ignoresidhistoryImportant Run this command only on user accounts that are in the same domain. Otherwise, you may experience permission problems.
This command automatically updates the account name, and the command maintains the appropriate permissions for the account.
Article ID: 982949 - Last Review: Apr 15, 2011 - Revision: 1