- By default, security trimming is enabled on a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- You have a Web Part page in a SharePoint document library.
- You add a Note Board Web Part to the Web Part page.
- The URL property field of the Note Board Web Part is blank.
- You locate the Web Part page in the SharePoint document library, and then you post a note to the Note Board.
- A user views a newsfeed of the Note Board, or a user views your "Tags and Notes" page.
In this scenario, the user cannot see the notes that you posted to the Note Board.
Article ID: 982953 - Last Review: Sep 4, 2010 - Revision: 1