- You create a presentation in Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
- On a slide, you insert a video.
- On the Animations tab, you click Add Animation.
- In the Media area, you click Pause.
- In the Timing group, in the Start drop-down list, you click With Previous.
- In the Delay field, you set a delay time for playing the video.
- On the File tab, you click Save & Send, and then you click Create a Video.
- You do not change the default settings, you click Create Video, and then you save the movie file.
Change the Animation settings
- Select the video that you want to play after a short delay.
- On the Animations tab, in the Animation group, click Play.
- In the Timing group, in the Start drop-down list, click With Previous.
- Set the Delay to the time that you want.
- Export the presentation as a video.
Set the slide duration
- On the Transitions tab, in the Timing group, under Advance Slide, click to select the After check box.
- Set the slide duration so that it is longer than the length of both videos combined. This allows for any delay in the playing of the videos.
Article ID: 982971 - Last Review: Dec 12, 2012 - Revision: 1