- You have an Office Data Connectivity (ODC) file that provides a connection to a data source on a Microsoft SQL Server, and this server requires you to provide credentials for SQL Server Authentication.
- You create a diagram in Microsoft Visio 2010.
- You import data into the diagram by using the ODC file. To do this, when you are prompted for the URL or the UNC, you type the path of the ODC file, and then you finish the Import wizard.
- When the import of the data is finished, you click the Data tab, and then you click Refresh All.
In this scenario, the data is not updated in the diagram. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
- Save the Visio diagram.
- Exit Visio.
- Start Visio, and open the diagram that you saved in step 1.
- Click Refresh on the Data tab.
- When you are prompted, type your SQL Server credentials for the data source.
Article ID: 983001 - Last Review: Aug 26, 2011 - Revision: 1