Note To access Backstage view, click the File tab.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix itbutton or link. Click Runin the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- By default, the number of places to list in Recent Places in Word 2010, in Excel 2010 and in PowerPoint 2010 is 25.
- The number should be an integer between 0 and 50.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not using the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit all Office programs.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select one of the following registry subkeys: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Place MRU
- After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, right-click Max Display, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, and in the Value data box, type a number to represent the number of places that you want to list in Recent Places, and then click OK.
Note By default, Max Display is set to 25.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each Office program for which you want to change the number of places that you want to list in Recent Places.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an
Article ID: 983006 - Last Review: Aug 26, 2011 - Revision: 1