- On a server that is running Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, you create a document library that uses a document set as a content type.
- You locate the document set settings for the document set content type, and you mark a column as shared.
- The column that is marked as a shared column is also on another content type that is an allowed content type for the document set.
- You set Require Check Out to Yes for the document library Versioning Settings.
- The column is a required column either on the content type that is an allowed content type in the document set or at the site level.
Article ID: 983012 - Last Review: Sep 28, 2010 - Revision: 1