If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it.
- First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you're sure you're using the right password but still can't sign in, your account might be compromised.
- To reset your password:
- Go to the Reset your password page.
- Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
- Enter the Microsoft account email address you're trying to recover.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen, then click Next.
- If you have security info on your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter the code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password. Learn more about security info and security codes.