Use Remote Desktop on your Windows 10 PC or on your Windows, Android, or iOS device to connect to a PC from afar.
- First, you'll need to set up the remote PC to allow remote connections. On the remote PC, open Settings and select System > About. Note the PC name. You'll need this later. Then, under Related settings, select System info.
- In the left pane of the System window, select Advanced system settings.
- On the Remote tab of the System Properties dialog box, under Remote Desktop, select Allow remote connections to this computer, and then select OK.
- Next, in Settings , select System > Power & sleep and check to make sure Sleep is set to Never.
- Do one of the following:
- On your local Windows 10 PC: In the search box on the taskbar, type Remote Desktop Connection, and then select Remote Desktop Connection. In Remote Desktop Connection, type the full name of the remote PC, and select Connect.
- On your Windows, Android, or iOS device: Open the Remote Desktop app (available for free from the Windows Store, Google Play, or the Mac App Store), and add your remote PC. Select the remote PC, and then wait for the connection to complete.