INFO: Windows for Workgroups SDK
This article was previously published under Q115764
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The Windows for Workgroups (WFW) SDK contains additional filesthat can be used with the Windows version 3.1 SDK for WFW development.The WFW SDK includes the following components:
- WFW SDK API Help file
- Header (.H) files
- Library (.LIB) files
- Sample code
- WFW debug binaries
- WFW WDEB386.EXE files (WFW kernel mode debugger)
The WFW SDK is available on the Microsoft Developer's Network (MSDN)Level 2 CD set, beginning with the April 1994 edition.
The WFW SDK provides headers, libraries, and help for APIs in thefollowing areas (which are new with WFW):
- WNet (connecting, browsing, sharing)
- MNet (multiple-network driver interface)
- Named pipes (asynchronous reads and writes)
- NetDDE (networked DDE)
- File Manager extensions
- Common controls
The following are the WFW SDK samples and what they do:
- MSLOT demonstrates the Mailslot APIs.
- NPCLNT16 demonstrates the asynchronous named pipe APIs.
- WFWAPI (in the NETAPI directory) demonstrates various WNet and MNet APIs.
- DDESHARE (in the NETDDE directory) demonstrates the NDde APIs. This is the source code to the DDESHARE utility included with the WFW Resource Kit.
Article ID: 115764 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 17:40:30 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit 3.1
- Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit 3.11
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb16bitonly kbapi kbinfo kbipc kbmailslot kbnetwork kbpipes kbwnet KB115764