How to Change the Drive Letter of a CD-ROM Drive
This article was previously published under Q121244
This article describes how to change the drive letter for a CD-ROM drivein Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me.
You can change the drive letter of a CD-ROM drive by performing thefollowing steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the System icon, and then click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the CD-ROM drive you want to change, and then click the Properties button.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Reserved Drive Letters section, set Start Drive Letter and End Drive Letter to the drive letter you want the CD-ROM drive to use. Click OK until you return to Control Panel.
- Restart the computer.
Article ID: 121244 - Last Review: 01/19/2007 04:53:56 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
- kbfaq kbhowto kbui KB121244