How to Change the Drive Letter of a CD-ROM Drive
This article was previously published under Q121244
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to change the drive letter for a CD-ROM drivein Windows 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me.
You can change the drive letter of a CD-ROM drive by performing thefollowing steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click the System icon, and then click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the CD-ROM drive you want to change, and then click the Properties button.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Reserved Drive Letters section, set Start Drive Letter and End Drive Letter to the drive letter you want the CD-ROM drive to use. Click OK until you return to Control Panel.
- Restart the computer.
Article ID: 121244 - Last Review: 12/04/2015 10:34:26 - Revision: 1.3
Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbfaq kbhowto kbui KB121244