"Document Not Saved" Saving File Created from Template
This article was previously published under Q121942
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to save a workbook, you may receive the following errormessage:
Document Not Saved
This problem may occur when the following conditions are true:
- The workbook was created from a template that contained an embedded object.
- You have inserted a worksheet into your workbook from a template.
- The template contains an embedded object.
To save your work, you must first delete the embedded objects in yourworkbook.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft productslisted at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 121942 - Last Review: 08/15/2005 22:36:40 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 95 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 5.0 Standard Edition
- kbbug kberrmsg kbpending KB121942