ACC2: Attached Paradox 4.0 Table Displays "#Deleted"
This article was previously published under Q123598
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
When you attach a Paradox version 4.0 table with a single primary key thatis a one-character alphanumeric field, "#Deleted" is displayed in all therecords in the table.
Increase the FieldSize property setting of the primary key field, addanother field to the primary key, or delete the current primary key.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access version2.0. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access version 7.0.
Steps to Reproduce Problem
- Create a Paradox 4.0 table with a one-field primary key that is a one-character alphanumeric field.
- Add a record to the table.
- Start Microsoft Access and open any database.
- Attach the table you created in step 1.
- View the table in Datasheet view. "#Deleted" is displayed in the record.
For more information about attaching Paradox tables, search for "Paradoxfiles," and then "Importing and Attaching Paradox Tables" using theMicrosoft Access Help menu.
Paradox is manufactured by Borland International, Inc., a vendorindependent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,regarding this product's performance or reliability.
pounddeleted pound deleted
Article ID: 123598 - Last Review: 12/27/2014 04:56:41 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Access 2.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbbug kberrmsg KB123598