PUB: How to Create a Table of Contents Using the Table Tool
This article was previously published under Q124403
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The Microsoft Publisher Table tool has a Table Format option that includesthree table of contents designs. Using one of these formats makes creatinga table of contents quick and easy.
Steps to create a table of contents:
- Select the Table tool and draw a frame the size you want the table.
- Type in the number of rows plus 1 for the title.
- Skip the number of columns. The Table Format defaults to 2 columns.
- Select a table format for table of contents. There are three to choose from; the Sample window displays a sample of each format.
- Click OK.
- Type in the title in the first cell at the top of the table.
- Press the TAB key to skip to the next cell. Continue to enter information or descriptions in the first column and page numbers in the second.
You can change the format of the table of contents at any time by choosingAutoFormat from the Table menu.
"Microsoft Publisher User's Guide," pages 207-231
For alternate methods of creating a table of contents, see the Publisher3.0 Help Index under Tables of Contents.
pub20 index 2.00a pub3 mspub Pub97
Article ID: 124403 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 15:49:48 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Publisher 3.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbusage KB124403