How to Use Modem AT Commands in HyperTerminal
This article was previously published under Q124890
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
To use AT commands in HyperTerminal, follow these steps:
- Start HyperTerminal (Hypertrm.exe).
- Enter a name for the connection (for example, Test) in the Name box.
- Click an icon for the connection in the Icon box, and then click OK.
- In the Connect Using box, click Direct To Com X (where X is the port your modem is connected to) and then click OK.
- Verify the settings on the Port Settings tab and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Properties. On the Settings tab, click ASCII Setup.
- Click the Send Line Ends With Line Feeds and Echo Typed Characters Locally check boxes to select them.
- Click OK, and then click OK. You can now type AT commands.
- Quit HyperTerminal. When you are prompted "Save session <name>?" click Yes if you want to save the session so that you can use AT commands at another time.
Article ID: 124890 - Last Review: 12/04/2015 10:59:52 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Windows 95
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB124890