Works: Roman Numeral Page Numbers in Word Processing Documents
This article was previously published under Q124911
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you use the word processor in Works, you may want to number thepreliminary pages in your document with Roman numerals and then switch overto regular (Arabic) page numbers. To do this, use either of the followingoptions:
- Manually type the page number on each page.-or-
- Manually add the Roman numeral to each of the pages you want to number this way. Then, make the remaining pages into a separate document. In Works 4.0 and later, select the header or footer of the separate document, and click Page Number on the Insert menu. In Works 3.0, click Headers And Footers on the View menu, and in the header or footer section, type &P, which is the special code to print page numbers.
For more information on creating headers and footers, see the following:
- Works for Windows, version 4.0 and later, online help.
- "Microsoft Works for Windows User's Guide," version 3.0, pages 129- 132.
- "Microsoft Works for Windows User's Guide," version 2.0, pages 56-59.
2.00 3.00 4.00 4.00a 4.50 4.50a w_works preface
Article ID: 124911 - Last Review: 12/04/2015 11:00:01 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition, Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition, Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition, Microsoft Works 4.5a, Microsoft Works 4.0 Standard Edition, Microsoft Works 4.0a
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB124911