The Hewlett-Packard (HP) JetAdmin service is an administrative tool you
can use to install and configure HP printers connected to a network using
an HP JetDirect print server. This article describes how to install and
troubleshoot the HP JetAdmin service.
Note that the HP JetAdmin service included with Windows 95 was written by
Hewlett-Packard. If you need further information about this service,
please contact Hewlett-Packard or consult the online Help system.
: JetDirect is no longer supported by HP.
SDI (Simple Device Installation) is now used to install
network printers. For more information on this,
Before you install the HP JetAdmin service, print a self-test page. Please
see the printer documentation for information about how to print a self-
NOTE: Many external HP JetDirect devices have a Test Page button.
The test page contains two pertinent pieces of information:
- The firmware revision number. The firmware revision number for the
JetDirect card must be 3.06a or higher to work with Windows 95. If the
firmware revision number is not 3.06a or higher, contact Hewlett-
Packard for an update.
- The network node address of the JetDirect card. 0800092AABFE is an
example of a network node address.
To install the HP JetAdmin service, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control
- Double click the Network icon.
- Click the Add button, double-click Service, click Hewlett-Packard, and
then double-click the HP JetAdmin service you want to install.
NOTE: If you use Direct mode, you must install the HP JetAdmin service
on every computer that will print to the JetDirect printer. This mode
is not recommended for large networks because only one workstation can
print at a time.
- Click OK and then restart your computer when you are prompted to do so.
When Windows 95 restarts, an icon for the HP JetAdmin service appears
in Control Panel and an HP Network Printers folder appears in Network
- Double-click the HP JetAdmin icon in Control Panel.
- On the Printer menu, click New, and then follow the tips in the Network
If the JetDirect card has never been configured, its node address
appears in the Unconfigured Printers list as the specific printer model
that it is installed in or as Unknown Printer.
- Type a name for the printer, and then click Continue.
- Double-click the Network Neighborhood icon, and then double-click the
- Double-click the printer icon and answer all the questions in the
Printer Install Wizard to complete the installation.
NOTE: To print directly to a HP JetDirect printer, you must install the
IPX/SPX protocol in Windows 95. With this protocol installed, you can
install support for a HP JetDirect printer as if it were a networked
printer. The port designation is \\HP_Network_Printers\<xxxxxx>, as if it
were a networked printer.
If the Hewlett-Packard JetDirect services are not listed in the Select
Network Service dialog box, the driver information database may need to be
rebuilt. The primary .inf file used to install HP JetDirect is the
Hpnetprn.inf file in the Windows\Inf folder (in a local installation).
For information about rebuilding the driver information database, please
see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Removing Drivers from Wizard Hardware Lists
Hardware List Not Updated After Installing New .inf File
If you cannot access the JetDirect printer, try the following steps:
- Verify that you have network connectivity by connecting to other
computers using Network Neighborhood.
For more information about network troubleshooting, see the "If you
have trouble using the network" topic in online Help.
- Remove all networking components, restart your computer, and then
reinstall the networking components (including the HP JetAdmin
- Set the JetDirect card back to the factory default settings. For
example, to set a JetDirect card in an HP 4 Plus printer to the factory
default settings, press down and hold the Online button on the printer
while you turn the printer on. For an external JetDirect device, press
down and hold the Test Page button while you plug in the power cord.
For additional information about setting a JetDirect device back to the
factory default settings, please contact Hewlett-Packard.
- After you reset the JetDirect card, double-click the HP JetAdmin icon
in Control Panel, and then click New on the Printer menu. The JetDirect
card's node address should appear in the Unconfigured Printers list.
Article ID: 130362 - Last Review: November 15, 2006 - Revision: 4.1
|kb3rdparty kbhowto kbprint KB130362|Retired KB Content Disclaimer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.