Quick Format Results in No ID Address Mark Found
This article was previously published under Q130627
After you perform a quick format on an unformatted floppy disk in WindowsNT File Manager or MS-DOS Command Prompt, the following error messageappears when you copy large files to the floppy disk:
No ID address mark was found on the floppy disk.
This is expected behavior. When you quick format an unformatted floppydisk, correct data structures are placed; however, no media test andverification of cluster usability are performed.
To resolve this behavior, perform the normal format on an unformattedfloppy disk.
prodnt 3.10 /q
Article ID: 130627 - Last Review: 11/01/2006 04:45:49 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Advanced Server 3.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a