BUG: Win32 SDK Version 3.51 Bug List - Multimedia
This article was previously published under Q136439
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article lists the bugs in the Win32 API implemented in WindowsNT version 3.51 that were known at the time the product was released.
- AVISave fails. To reproduce the problem, start aviedit, open a file, use CTRL+I to get information on streams, set the start field to a large number, and try to save the file.
- AVIStreamGetFrame() returns NULL if you take an uncompressed stream, copy it into the clipboard, and paste it into a different 32-bit app.
- When querying for the description of a codec, it will be listed twice if you have both the 32-bit and 16-bit version. Both times, the 32-bit description is displayed.
- MCIAVI32 causes a general protection (GP) fault if playing RLE or Video 1 encoded AVI files without these Codecs loaded.
- Shuffle streams 16-bit causes GP fault in AVIFILE.DLL on MIPS.
- When all ACM Codecs are disabled, hardware formats are not available with acmMetrics.
- SoundBlaster 16 driver doesn't enable volume on speaker input.
- SoundBlaster driver setup does not adjust DMA buffer size correctly.
- After executing the MCI command Play Fullscreen At End Element, Status Position can return the wrong value.
- The MCI command Put Source At inconsistently does not return errors for invalid coordinates.
- MediaPlayer jumps back one frame as Clock.avi completes. MCIAVI may return an incorrect position if it does not use the most granular stream.
- Under certain circumstances, Resume Notify Behavior Element returns incorrect notification codes.
- AVIFileWriteData allows you to write a data chunk that has an ID that already exists.
- MPlayer does not play clipped videos in Word correctly.
Article ID: 136439 - Last Review: 01/05/2015 04:28:18 - Revision: 2.3
Microsoft Platform Software Development Kit-January 2000 Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbmm KB136439