Hover! Does Not Run with Windows NT Version 3.5 or Win32s
This article was previously published under Q147442
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You may experience the following symptoms when you try to run theMicrosoft Hover! game included on the Windows 95 CD-ROM:
- If you try to run Hover! with Windows NT Workstation or Windows NT Server version 3.5, you receive the following error message:
HOVER.exe Entry Point Not Found. If you click OK, you receive the following message:
The procedure entry point <function> could not be located in the dynamic link library <filename>.
Failed to initialize properly.
- If you try to run Hover! with Windows or Windows for Workgroups version 3.1 or 3.11 and Win32s, you receive the following error message:
The procedure entry point "CreateDIBSection" could not be located in the DLL "w32scomb.dll." If you click OK, one of the following error messages may be displayed, depending on the version of Win32s that is installed:
- Cannot Run Program.
Unexpected error: 21
- MSVCRT20.DLL for Win32.
This version of MSVCRT20.DLL is not compatible with Win32s.
Hover! is not compatible with Windows NT Workstation version 3.5, WindowsNT Server version 3.5, or Windows or Windows for Workgroups version 3.1 or3.11 and Win32s.
You can run Hover! only with Windows 95.
3.10 3.11 win32
Article ID: 147442 - Last Review: 02/24/2014 08:24:10 - Revision: 2.1
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.5
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.5
- Microsoft Windows 95
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbappcompatibility KB147442