Error Message: This Path Does Not Exist
This article was previously published under Q150397
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you use the Save As command in a 16-bit Windows-based program to savea file to an IBM LAN server, you may receive the following error message:
This path does not exist
This error can occur if the file name you specified already exists in thedestination folder.
Save the file with a file name that does not already exist in thedestination folder.
Microsoft is researching this problem and will post new information herein the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it becomes available.
This behavior occurs only if all the following conditions exist:
- The file is being saved to an IBM LAN server.
- The 16-bit program uses Commdlg.dll to display the Save As dialog box.
- You are using the Save As command.
- The file name you specified already exists in the destination folder.
- The destination folder is not the root of the network share.
Note that this behavior does not occur with the following servers:
- Microsoft Windows 95 servers
- Microsoft Windows for Workgroups servers
- Microsoft Windows NT servers
- Microsoft LAN Manager 2.x servers
- Novell NetWare 3.x or 4.x servers
Article ID: 150397 - Last Review: 12/04/2015 14:36:54 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Windows 95
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdpartynetclient KB150397