PPT97: Excel Chart Does Not Refresh Properly After Update
This article was previously published under Q151047
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you update a link to a Microsoft Excel chart, the chart may not beredrawn completely.
This problem occurs if the following circumstances are true:
- You have pasted an Excel chart into a Microsoft PowerPoint slide by using the Paste Link option.
- You specify that the link to the Excel chart will be updated manually.
- The Excel chart is not completely visible in the visible area of the Excel worksheet.
- The chart is selected on the Excel worksheet.
- You update the link.
To correct this problem, obtain Microsoft Office 97 Service Release 2(SR-2).
For additional information about SR-2, please see the following articlein the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFF97: How to Obtain and Install MS Office 97 SR-2
To temporarily work around the problem, select a cell on the Excelworksheet before you update the link to the chart.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the products listed at thebeginning of this article. This problem was corrected in Microsoft Office97 Service Release 2 (SR-2).
Article ID: 151047 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 22:25:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition, Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbqfe KB151047