If you want to reset the information license manager displays, you can
delete or rename three files.
To reset the license manager information:
- Stop the License Logging service.
- Delete or rename the following files on the primary domain controller
or the enterprise server:
Cpl.cfg, which contains all of your purchase history and is located
Llsuser.lls, which contains the user information on number of
connections and is located in %Systemroot%\System32\Lls.
Llsmap.lls, which contains License group information and is also
located in %Systemroot%\System32\Lls.
- Restart the License Logging service.
- Re-add the appropriate license information.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Reset License Manager Throughout an Enterprise
Article ID: 153140 - Last Review: November 1, 2006 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition