How to reset License Manager information
This article was previously published under Q153140
If you want to reset the information license manager displays, you candelete or rename three files.
To reset the license manager information:
- Stop the License Logging service.
- Delete or rename the following files on the primary domain controller or the enterprise server:
Cpl.cfg, which contains all of your purchase history and is located in %Systemroot%\System32.
Llsuser.lls, which contains the user information on number of connections and is located in %Systemroot%\System32\Lls.
Llsmap.lls, which contains License group information and is also located in %Systemroot%\System32\Lls.
- Restart the License Logging service.
- Re-add the appropriate license information.
For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Reset License Manager Throughout an Enterprise
prodnt llssrv llsmgr event 201 202
Article ID: 153140 - Last Review: 11/01/2006 05:57:51 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 3.51
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition