WD97: How to Install Missing Clipart and Clipart Extra
- Clip art is missing as a menu selection.
- Selecting Clipart brings up an empty Clipart Gallery.
- Clip art pictures are not available from the Microsoft Office\Clipart folder. Note that there will be a shortcut in the Clipart folder to access the clip art files from the CD-ROM.
To install Popular Clipart and Clipart Gallery
- Quit Word and Office.
- Click the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the Install/Uninstall tab.
- In the list of installed software, select either Microsoft Word 97 or Microsoft Office 97. Then, click Add/Remove.
The Setup program will be started.
- From the Setup screen, click Add/Remove.
- Select Office Tools (do not clear the check box if it contains a check mark), and then click the Change Option button.
- Select Popular Clipart or Clipart Gallery, and then click OK.
- Click Continue.
To install Microsoft Clipart ExtraUse the following steps if you want to install the additional clip artfiles to your local hard disk drive. This procedure adds up to 180megabytes (MB) of additional clip art files to your drive. These clip artfiles are available from the shortcut Clipart on the Office CD available inthe Clipart directory. The shortcut makes the clip art files available toyou, but it does not install the clip art files to your hard disk drive.
Method 1: Use the Control Panel to Run Clipart Setup
- Quit Word or Office.
- Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- From Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the Install/Uninstall tab, and then click Install.
- Follow the instructions in the Install Program wizard and click Next.
The Install Program should search for the drive containing the Setup program. Click Browse.
- Change the Look In to the appropriate drive, if needed (for example, D:). Then change to the Clipart folder. Double-click Setup (Setup.exe).
Method 2: Run Clipart Setup Directly from the CD
- Quit Word and Office.
- Insert the Office 97 CD in the disc drive.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type<drive>:\clipart\setup.exewhere <drive> is the letter for your CD drive.
- To install all clip art, click Custom, and then follow the instructions in the Setup program.
- On the Help menu, click Contents And Index, and click the Contents tab.
- Double-click the "Installing and removing Word" topic.
- Double-click the "Install or remove individual components" topic.
- In the "Install or remove individual components" topic, under step 5, click the arrow by the line that states: "For the location of components in Setup..."
Article ID: 157991 - Last Review: 12/04/2015 15:35:04 - Revision: 1.1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbgraphic KB157991