OFF97: Format Callout Dialog Box Is Available Only in Word
This article was previously published under Q159253
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In the Format AutoShape dialog box, in Microsoft Excel and MicrosoftPowerPoint, you cannot display the Format Callout dialog box that isavailable in Microsoft Word.
The Format Callout command button is available only on the Text Box tab ofthe Format AutoShape dialog box in Microsoft Word.
To change the format of a callout in Microsoft Excel or MicrosoftPowerPoint, follow these steps:
- Select the callout.
- On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, point to Change AutoShape, and then click Callouts.
- Click the type of callout that you want.
NOTE: When you move the pointer over each of the displayed examplecallouts, the type of callout is described in the ToolTip text.
In Microsoft Word, the Format Callout dialog box is also unavailable(dimmed) for callouts that are based on the first row of sample callouts.
The first row of sample callouts includes the following callout types:
Rounded Rectangular Callout
For more information about AutoShapes, click the Index tab in MicrosoftExcel Help, type the following text
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Change the AutoShapetype" topic.
Article ID: 159253 - Last Review: 10/04/2013 16:48:17 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Office 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive KB159253