How to Change the Fonts Used by Internet Mail and News
This article was previously published under Q160191
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to change the fonts used by Internet Mail andNews in the toolbar, Header window, and preview pane.
Internet Mail and Internet News use fonts set in Windows 95 for thetoolbar and Header window. The preview pane font is set within InternetMail or Internet News.
To change the font used for the toolbar and Header window, follow thesesteps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
- Click the Appearance tab.
- In the Item box, click Icon.
- Click the font and size you want to use, and then click OK.
NOTE: Making this changes affects other programs in Windows 95. Forexample, the fonts used in Windows Explorer will also change.
To change the font used in the preview pane, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Mail and News, and then click Options on the Mail orNews menu.
- Click the Font tab, and then click Change.
- Click the font you want to use, and then click OK.
NOTE: You can also change the font color in this dialog box.
Article ID: 160191 - Last Review: 10/04/2013 18:01:30 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Internet Mail and News 1.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB160191