STOP: C0000143 MISSING DISPLAY_DRIVER.DLL
The required system file Display_driver.dll is bad or missing.
- Replacing the video driver in use in the Display tool in Control Panel with a standard VGA driver and repeating the upgrade.
- Changing the video card and repeating the upgrade.
- Replacing the Vga.dll file from a parallel installation.
- In the Remotely Possible application, disable Host Mode. This will remove the files that are causing the problem.
- Remove the Remotely Possible program before you install Windows NT 4.0.
- Contact AVALAN Technology for an upgraded version of Remotely Possible.
If you have already upgraded to Windows NT 4.0, perform these steps:
- Do a parallel installation of Windows NT 4.0 and start to that installation.
- At an MS-DOS prompt, type the following:
Copy Vga.dll Ntvdrv.dll
Copy Msgina.dll Logonrem.dll
- Restart the computer to the original installation of Windows NT 4.0. Delete the reference to the parallel installation in the Boot.ini file, and delete the parallel installation directory.
Article ID: 162577 - Last Review: 12/04/2015 16:11:51 - Revision: 1.2
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbprb kbsetup KB162577