Internet Explorer Quits During Startup
This article was previously published under Q165284
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you start Internet Explorer 3.01 on a Macintosh computer with aMotorola 68020, 68030, or 68040 processor, the program may quitunexpectedly, or you may receive the following error message:
The application "Internet Explorer 3.01" can not be opened because an unexpected error occured.
This behavior occurs when the 32-Bit Addressing memory option in ControlPanels is not selected.
To correct this issue, follow these steps:
- In Control Panels (click Control Panels on the Apple menu) and double-click the Memory Control Panels device.
- Click the 32-Bit Addressing check box to select it.
- Close the Memory dialog box, and then restart your computer.
For additional information about Macintosh computers that can access more than eight megabyte (MB) of memory, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Macintosh Computers that Can Access More than 8 MB of Memory
Article ID: 165284 - Last Review: 10/04/2013 21:24:48 - Revision: 4.2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 for Macintosh
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv KB165284