When you use the Specialty PageWizard Design Assistant to create a
Raffle Ticket publication, there is no option to create a series of
tickets with different numbers. If several copies of the ticket are
printed, they will all have the same number, which is 000001 by default.
Use the Mail Merge feature in Publisher to create tickets with a
series of different numbers. To do this,
- Use the Specialty PageWizard to create the Raffle Ticket
- Delete the number 00001 from both parts of the ticket. Be careful
not to delete the text frames.
- On the Mail Merge menu, click Create Publisher Address List.
- In the New Address List dialog box, click Customize. Delete all of
the suggested address list fields.
- Create one new field called Number by clicking Add New Field, typing
the name of the field, and then clicking OK.
- Create a record (New Entry) with a number for each of the raffle
tickets you want to create. When you are done, click Close.
- Type a name for the address list file (give it a .mdb file
extension). Click Save.
- Click one of the text frames in which you want to enter a number.
- On the Mail Merge menu, click Open Data Source.
- Click the button next to "Merge information from a file that I
- Select the file you created in step 7 and then click Open.
- In the Fields list, select the Number field that you created in
step 5. Click Insert. The text frame contains the following
- Click the second text frame.
The Insert Fields dialog box is a modeless dialog box, which means
you can select objects in the publication while the dialog box is
open. If the object you want to select is behind the dialog box,
drag it away from the object. To reactivate the dialog box, click
anywhere on the dialog box.
- Click Insert. The second text frame contains the following
- Click Close.
- On the File menu, click Print Merge.
- In the Print Merge dialog box, specify how many tickets you want to
print. Click Page Options if you want to view and/or modify the page
setup. By default Publisher will print six tickets per page.
Publisher 97 supports several formats for its data source, so it is
possible to use a data source created in another application if it has
the ability to create a series of consecutive numbers without having to
actually type each number. To view a list of the supported file formats,
click Open Data Source on the Mail Merge menu. In the Open Data Source
dialog box, click the Files of Type arrow.
For additional information, click Show Index on the Help menu, type
in the Type A Keyword box, and then
click the "Defined" topic.
Microsoft Publisher 97 Companion, pp. 176-178.
Article ID: 165645 - Last Review: October 26, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Publisher 97 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbusage KB165645|