OL97: Error Importing Schedule+ 1.0 (.cal) Files to Outlook
This article was previously published under Q167425
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you import a Microsoft Schedule Plus 1.0 (CAL) file into MicrosoftOutlook 97, the import process may hang or stop responding.
Either your CAL file or the Schedule+ 1.0 converter may be corrupted.
Open the CAL file with Schedule+ 7.5 (installed with the Schedule+ supportprograms) and convert it to a SCD file. Then import the SCD file intoOutlook, using the Schedule+ 7.0 converter.
Open the CAL File With Schedule+ 7.5
- Quit Outlook and double-click your CAL file.
- In Open With, click Other.
- Click on your Schdpl32.exe file, usually found in
Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\ and click Open.
- In Schedule+, click, "I want to use an existing schedule file," and click OK.
- Navigate to and click your CAL file then click Open.
- Click Yes when asked, "Do you want to update now?"
- Quit Schedule+ 7.5.
This saves the CAL file with the same name and a .SCD extension. StartOutlook and import the SCD file using the Schedule+ 7.0 converter.
For related information, please see the following articles in the MicrosoftKnowledge Base:
OL97: Converting Schedule+ Files to Outlook 97
OL97: Sam Translator Error Importing Schedule Plus File
OL97: Troubleshooting Schedule Plus Import Problems
Article ID: 167425 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 16:48:21 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbinterop KB167425