Files Do Not Show Up in Recycle Bin When Deleted
This article was previously published under Q168570
When you delete a file, it may not appear in the Windows NT Recycle Bin.You may also receive an error message if you double-click on the RecycleBin.
By design, files deleted by network clients never go into the Recycle Bin,so make sure the files in question were deleted locally.
Permissions on the C:\Recycled directory may be too restrictive.
Administrators should have ownership of the Recycled directory. Totake ownership of the directory, perform the following:
- Log on as Administrator.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the directory and select Properties/Ownership.
- Use the option to Take Ownership of the directory.
- Restore default permissions to the directory with the permissions option.
Administrators Full Control Creator/Owner Full Control Everyone Change System Full Control
recycle watson delete files prodnt
Article ID: 168570 - Last Review: 02/23/2007 20:26:59 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition