XL97: Cannot Show Scenario That Includes Merged Cells
This article was previously published under Q168603
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you use the Scenario Manager to show a scenario in Microsoft Excel 97,you may receive the following error message:
Some changing cells are part of an array or table and cannot be changed.You receive this message even though none of the changing cells are part ofan array or a table.
This problem occurs if any of the changing cells in the scenario are mergedcells.
In Microsoft Excel 97, you cannot show a scenario that includes any mergedcells. Make sure that you do not add any merged cells to your scenario whenyou create or edit it.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft productslisted at the beginning of this article.
In Microsoft Excel 97, you can merge a number of cells into a single cellby performing the following steps:
- Select the cells that you want to merge.
- On the Format menu, click Cells. Click the Alignment tab. Click to select the Merge Cells check box, and then click OK.
You can add a scenario to a worksheet by performing the following steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Scenarios. Click Add.
- In the Scenario Name edit box, type a name for your new scenario. In the Changing Cells edit box, enter a reference to the cells that you want to include in the scenario. Then, click OK.
- In the Scenario Values dialog box, enter a value for each changing cell. When you are finished, click OK.
- In the list of Scenarios, select the scenario you want to show, and then click Show.
Article ID: 168603 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 17:05:52 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Excel 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB168603