How to Connect to the Internet Using a Proxy Server
This article was previously published under Q168688
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to configure Microsoft Windows CE and MicrosoftPocket Internet Explorer to connect to the Internet using a proxy server.
To establish a dial-up (PPP) connection, you must have Pocket InternetExplorer installed on your Handheld PC (H/PC) and the followinginformation:
- Your user name and password for dial-up access to your network.
- The dial-up access phone number for your network.
- TCP/IP settings for establishing a dial-up connection to your network.
- Tap the Start button, tap Programs, double-tap the Communications folder, and then double-tap Remote Networking.
- Double-tap Make New Connection.
- Type a name for your new dial-up connection, tap Dial-Up Connection to select it, and then tap Next.
- Tap TCP/IP Settings, provide the appropriate information for establishing a dial-up connection to your network, and then tap OK.
- In the Telephone Number box, type your dial-up access number, and then tap Finish.
- Double-tap the icon for your new dial-up connection.
- In the User box, type your user name.
- In the Password box, type your password.
- If appropriate, type your domain name in the Domain box. Otherwise, leave the Domain box empty.
- Click Connect.
- Once a dial-up connection to your network is established, run Pocket Internet Explorer.
- On the View menu, tap Options.
- Tap the Proxy Server tab, and then tap the Use Proxy Server check box to select it.
- In the Proxy Server box, type the name or IP address of your proxy server.
- In the Port box, type the appropriate port number. The default port number is 80.
- Tap OK.
Article ID: 168688 - Last Review: 12/04/2015 17:01:42 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Windows CE 2.0 for the Handheld PC, Microsoft Windows CE 2.1 for the Handheld PC, Microsoft Windows CE 2.11 for the Handheld PC, Microsoft Windows CE 2.12 for the Handheld PC, Microsoft Windows CE 3.0 for the Handheld PC, Microsoft Windows CE 3.01 for the Handheld PC, Microsoft Windows CE 3.0 for the Handheld PC Professional Edition, Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer 1.0, Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer 1.1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbfaq KB168688