DNS ERR: No More Endpoints Available Through the Endpoint Mapper
This article was previously published under Q169371
When you attempt to install the Microsoft Domain Name Service (DNS) Server,you receive the following error:
No more endpoints available through the endpoint mapper.
This is caused by a previous installation of DNS on the computer. DNSattempts to use previous settings contained in the%SystemRoot%\WinNT\System32\DNS directory.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Stop the Microsoft DNS service using the Control Panel Services tool.
- Backup any zone files from the %SystemRoot%\WinNT\System32\DNS directory that you need to keep.
- Remove the Microsoft DNS Server using the Control Panel Network tool and restart when prompted.
- Delete the files in the WinNT\System32\DNS subdirectory.
- Install the Microsoft DNS Server service using the Control Panel Network tool.
no endpoint mapper available
Article ID: 169371 - Last Review: 11/01/2006 04:37:02 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- kbnetwork kbsetup KB169371