FP97: How to Install FrontPage Server Extensions for IIS 3.0
This article was previously published under Q169529
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
For a Microsoft FrontPage 2000 version of this article, see 196136
For a Microsoft FrontPage 98 version of this article, see 194135
This article describes how to install the FrontPage ServerExtensions for the Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS),version 3.0.
Before you follow the steps in the "More Information" section of thisarticle, do the following:
- Obtain the latest version of the FrontPage Server Extensions.
- Verify that IIS is running and functioning properly.
Use the following steps to install the FrontPage Server Extensions:
- Log on to the Microsoft Windows NT Server as Administrator. Do not log on to the Windows NT Server as a User with Administrator permissions.
- Decompress Fp97ext_x86_enu.exe, by double-clicking it.
- The setup program will detect that IIS is installed. Verify that it is selected in the Installed Servers Detected dialog box. Click Next.
- Note the settings in the Start Copying Files dialog box. Click Next.
- If your server is multihosted the Multihosted Servers dialog box appears. Select the virtual servers on which you want to install the server extensions. Click OK.
- In the "Administrator for Personal Web Server" dialog box, in the Name box, type Administrator, and then click OK.
- Click Yes to stop and restart the WWW Service of the Microsoft Internet Information Server.
- If your server is multihosted, repeat steps 5 through 7 for each virtual server.
- Click Finish.
- In FrontPage Explorer, click Open Web on the File menu.
- In the Open Web dialog box, type the Hostname or IP Address of the Internet Information Server.
- If you are asked to type a user name and password, type the user name and password you use to log on to Windows NT.
Article ID: 169529 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 20:59:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB169529