XADM: NTFS Compressed Volume Causes Store to Fail
This article was previously published under Q170009
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
On a compressed NTFS partition, the Microsoft Exchange Server informationstore, may get corrupted when its size reaches about 4 gigabytes (GB). Thiscan cause failure of the information store.
A compressed NTFS partition can adversely affect the Microsoft ExchangeServer by causing one or more of the following problems:
- High CPU utilization.
- Enumeration of large NTFS directory may take a long time.
- Degradation of NTAS server with NTFS partition that includes many Files.
For additional information, please see the following articles in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
Enumeration of Large NTFS Directory Takes a Long Time130839
NTFS Performance Problem with Many Files
Article ID: 170009 - Last Review: 11/01/2013 22:38:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB170009