How to configure Outlook Express 6.0 for Internet mail
Information that you must obtain from your ISP before you configure Outlook Express 6.0
- E-mail address. An example of an e-mail address is "email@example.com."
- Username. For example, if your e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username is "someone."
- Incoming mail server name. An example of an incoming mail server is "pop.microsoft.com."
- Incoming mail server type. Is the incoming mail server type a POP3 server?
- Outgoing mail server name.An example of an outgoing mail server is "smtp.microsoft.com."
- Does your account require that you use secure password authentication?
- Does the ISP use any non-standard e-mail ports?
Guided Help to add and to configure a new Internet e-mail account in Outlook Express
The actions that this Guided Help performs can be undone after Guided Help is finished. To undo the actions that this Guided Help performs, manually remove the Outlook Express account that you used Guided Help to create. For more information about Guided Help, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Requirements to install and to use this Guided HelpTo install and to use this Guided Help, you must be running an English version of one of the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
Article ID: 171163 - Last Review: 02/19/2013 08:13:00 - Revision: 7.0
- kbresolve kbceip kbhowto kbacwsurvey kbgraphxlinkcritical kbinfo KB171163