How to create a new e-mail profile for Outlook 97
This article was previously published under Q171376
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Occasionally, it may be necessary to create a new or an additional e-mailprofile for use with Microsoft Outlook 97. This article describes the stepsnecessary to do so.
How to create a new e-mail profile
- On the File menu in Outlook, click Exit and Log Off.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click the Mail or Mail and Fax icon.
- On the Services tab, click Show Profiles.
- Click Add to start the Inbox Setup Wizard.
- Click to select the desired information services, and then click Next.
- In the Profile Name box, type a name for the new profile.
- Continue with the Inbox Setup Wizard to set up each of the selected services.
- You will now see the new profile listed. Change the When startingMicrosoft Windows Messaging use this setting, to the new profile that you just created.
- Restart Outlook to use the new profile.
How to set Outlook to prompt you at startup time for a profile
- On the Tools menu in Outlook, click Options.
- On the General Tab, click to select Promptfor a profile to be used in the Startup settings option.
- On the File menu, click Exit and Log Off.
The next time you start Outlook, Outlook prompts you to select a mailprofile.
Article ID: 171376 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 14:26:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB171376