SAMPLE: RECEDIT.VBP Demonstrates File I/O in Visual Basic
This article was previously published under Q172267
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This sample demonstrates how to do file input and output using Visual Basic. The sample creates a new database file and allows you to view, add, or delete records in this database.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online ServicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
The techniques in this sample file can be used to view, access, and write to sequential, random, and binary files. After you download and run the self-extracting file, the following files are created:
- Fileproc.bas(4.30Kb)--The module containing Public Sub and Function procedures for opening files.
- Readme.txt--The readme file that contains the text of this article.
- Recedit.bas(309 bytes)--The module containing Public type definitions.
- Recedit.frm(13.4Kb)--The main form for the sample.
- Recedit.vbp(516 bytes)--The project file for the sample.
To Run This Project
- Start Visual Basic. The New Project dialog box appears.
- In the New Project dialog box, click the existing tab and go to the directory with the extracted files. Choose recedit.vbp.
- Press the F5 key to run the project.
Recedit Dir EOF FileCopy FileDateTime FileLen FreeFile GetAttr Loc LOF Seek SetAttr Close Get Input Input# Open Put Write Write#
Article ID: 172267 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 04:16:44 - Revision: 3.2
Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Learning Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbdownload kbtophit kbfile kbsample KB172267