How to Reset Your MSN Password
This article was previously published under Q173586
This article describes how to reset your MSN, The Microsoft Network,password.
To reset your MSN password, use either of the following methods.
- Dial (800) 386-5550, and then listen to the recorded message.
- Dial the credit card number that you used to open your MSN account, and then press the number sign (#) key.
- Verify that the number you dialed is correct, and then press 1.
- Your new password is provided right away. Make sure to write down the new password.
- Double-click the MSN icon on the desktop, and then click New.
- Click the I have my Credit Card Information check box to select it, and then click OK.
- Type your Member ID, and first and last name in the appropriate boxes.
- Type the credit card number that you used to open your MSN account inthe Credit Card Number box.
- Type the name on the credit card that you used to open your MSN account in the Name Printed On Card box.
- Click Submit.
- Write down the new password, and then click OK.
- In the Password box, type your new password, and then click Connect.
msnet msnetwork microsoft-net m.s.n.
Article ID: 173586 - Last Review: 05/09/2003 21:37:13 - Revision: 1.0
- MSN 2.5 Software
- MSN 2.51 Software
- MSN 2.52 Software
- MSN 2.6 Software