Cannot Scroll to Toolbar Buttons Displayed Off the Screen
This article was previously published under Q173865
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You cannot scroll to Internet Explorer or Outlook Express toolbar buttonsthat are displayed off the screen.
To work around this behavior, use one of the following methods:
Maximize the Internet Explorer or Outlook Express Window
To maximize the Internet Explorer window, use either of the followingmethods:
- Click Maximize on the System menu (the icon on the far left of the title bar).
- Run Internet Explorer in Full Screen mode (only the Standard Buttons toolbar is present and you cannot see the taskbar). To do so, click Full Screen on the View menu.
To disable Full Screen mode, follow these steps:
- Right-click an empty area on the toolbar, and then click Menu Bar.
- On the View menu, click Full Screen.
To maximize the Outlook Express window, click Maximize on the System menu(the icon on the far left of the title bar).
Increase the Display Resolution
To increase the display resolution, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display, and then click the Settings tab.
- Under Desktop Area, move the slider to the right. If you are unable to move the slider to the right, the display is already at the highest resolution supported by your display adapter and monitor.
- Click Apply, and then click OK when you are prompted to change your display settings.
- If you are satisfied with the display resolution, click Yes when you are prompted to save the settings, and then click OK.
Use Menu Commands
If the toolbar button you want to use is displayed off the screen, useits equivalent menu command instead.
Remove Buttons from the Toolbar
You cannot remove individual buttons from the toolbar. To remove all ofthe toolbar buttons, point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then clickStandard Buttons.
To remove individual buttons from the toolbar, follow these steps:
- On the View menu, click Layout.
- Under Toolbar, click Customize Toolbar.
- In the Toolbar Buttons list, click a toolbar button you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- When you finish removing toolbar buttons, click Close, and then click OK.
This behavior is by design.
Article ID: 173865 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 15:29:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Outlook Express 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbui KB173865