To create a new web in Microsoft FrontPage 98, follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, point to Programs, and click Microsoft FrontPage to
start Microsoft FrontPage Explorer.
- In the Getting Started dialog box, click "Create a New FrontPage Web,"
and then click OK.
- In the New FrontPage Web dialog box, under number 1, "Choose the kind of
FrontPage web to create," click to select either "One Page Web" or "From
Wizard or Template."
If you select "From Wizard or Template," select a wizard or template
from the list or accept the default, which is highlighted.
NOTE: If you choose a wizard, the wizard will prompt you to answer a
series of questions about your new web. If you choose "One page web" or
a template, your web will be created without any further prompting.
- Under number 2, "Choose a title for your FrontPage web," type a name
for your new web or accept the default name.
NOTE: You must install a local Web server and the FrontPage Server
Extensions or you will be required to create a disk-based web (with
For more information about Server Extensions, click the Index tab in
FrontPage Help, type the following text:
and then double-click the selected text to go to the "Server Extensions,
For additional information about disk-based webs, please see the
following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
FP98: Some FrontPage Components Do Not Work on Disk-Based
- Click Change if you want to specify the location of your FrontPage web.
If you click Change, enter the new location for your FrontPage web and
- Click OK.
Article ID: 176134 - Last Review: October 7, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft FrontPage 98 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB176134|