When Microsoft Project 98 Setup updates the Windows registry at the end of
setup, you may receive the following error message
Msflxgrd.ocx was unable to register itself in the system registry.
Microsoft Project 98 setup was not completed successfully.
This problem occurs because another program is using the Msflxgrd.ocx file
or because a program, such as an antivirus program, prevents the file from
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Disable any antivirus program that is running while Setup is
running. Consult your antivirus documentation for more information
about how to do this.
- Restart your computer without starting the program that uses the
Msflxgrd.ocx file. To do this, use either of the following methods:
- Hold down SHIFT and restart your computer. This prevents any
programs in the StartUp group from starting when you start Windows.
NOTE: If you are prompted to log on to a network, enter your
user name and password, click OK, and then hold down
SHIFT until you see the Windows desktop. If you do not have to
log on to a network, hold down SHIFT when the graphical user
interface and the hour glass pointer appear while the computer is
- If you are using Windows 95/98, start Windows using the Safe Mode
option. To do this, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer.
- When you see the "Starting Windows" message, hold down
F8 (or hold down CTRL if you are using Windows
98). Windows displays a menu.
- Type the number for the Safe Mode option or use the
DOWN ARROW key to select it, and then press
ENTER.NOTE: When you start Windows in Safe Mode, some device
drivers, such as CD-ROM drivers, will not be loaded. For additional
information, please see the following article in the Microsoft
Installing Real Mode CD-ROM Drivers for Office Installation
- Rerun the Microsoft Project 98 Setup program.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the versions of Microsoft
Project listed above.
Article ID: 176937 - Last Review: June 22, 2014 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Project 98 Standard Edition
|kbbug kberrmsg kbpending KB176937|