BUG: Run-Time Error 380 "Invalid Property Value" with MaskEdBox
This article was previously published under Q177088
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
With Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0, when you set the Text property of a MaskEdit control at run-time, you receive the following error.
Run-time Error 380:
Invalid Property Value
Invalid Property Value
This error occurs under the following circumstances:
- The Visible property of the Mask Edit control is set to False at design-time.
- A later version of MSMASK32.OCX is installed. The error occurs with MSMASK32.OCX version 5.00.3714, which ships with Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0.
To work around this problem, set the Visible property of the Mask Editcontrol to True at design-time and then change it to False at run-time,perhaps during the Load event of the form.
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft productslisted at the beginning of this article. We are researching thisbug and will post new information here in the Microsoft KnowledgeBase as it becomes available.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start a new project in Visual Basic 4.0. Form1 is created by default.
- Click Custom Controls on the Tools menu, and check "Microsoft Mask Edit Control."
- Add a Mask Edit control to Form1, and set the following properties for the control:
Property Value -------- ----- Visible False Mask &-&
- Add the following code to the Click event of Form1.
MaskEdBox1.Text = " - " MaskEdBox1.Visible = True
- Press the F5 key to run the project.
- Click the Form and note that the code should run as expected.
- Click Make EXE on the File menu, and make an executable.
- At a machine where Visual Basic 5.0 is installed, run the executable you created in the previous step.
NOTE: If you receive an error that VB40032.DLL cannot be found when you run the executable, you will need to copy VB40032.DLL to the Windows\System directory.
- Click the form. You will receive the run-time error 380 "Invalid Property Value" when your code attempts to set the Text property of the MaskEdBox.
masked edit box editbox kbVBp400bug kbVBp500bug kbVBp kbdsd kbDSupport kbnoupdate
Article ID: 177088 - Last Review: 12/05/2015 08:11:23 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbgrpdsvb KB177088