XADM: How To Verify Exchange Online Backups
This article was previously published under Q179308
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
To verify that the Microsoft Exchange Server online backup contains ausable copy of the database, perform the following steps:
- Perform an online backup.
- Set up a test server and restore the backup.
- Stop the Exchange services.
- For Exchange Server version 4.0 and 5.0, defrag the databases and verify that no errors are reported when you run the following commands:
For Exchange Server version 5.5, perform an integrity check of the databases and verify that no errors are reported when you run the following commands:
- edbutil /d /ispriv
- edbutil /d /ispub
- edbutil /d /ds
- eseutil /g /ispriv
- eseutil /g /ispub
- eseutil /g /ds
- Restart the services.
If the services start at this point, the database is usable and contains noerrors.
Article ID: 179308 - Last Review: 10/07/2013 17:36:17 - Revision: 3.3
Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB179308