To verify that the Microsoft Exchange Server online backup contains a
usable copy of the database, perform the following steps:
- Perform an online backup.
- Set up a test server and restore the backup.
- Stop the Exchange services.
- For Exchange Server version 4.0 and 5.0, defrag the databases and verify
that no errors are reported when you run the following commands:
For Exchange Server version 5.5, perform an integrity check of the
databases and verify that no errors are reported when you run the
- edbutil /d /ispriv
- edbutil /d /ispub
- edbutil /d /ds
- eseutil /g /ispriv
- eseutil /g /ispub
- eseutil /g /ds
- Restart the services.
If the services start at this point, the database is usable and contains no
Article ID: 179308 - Last Review: October 7, 2013 - Revision: 3.3
- Microsoft Exchange Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB179308|