OLEXP: Err Msg: You Need More Memory or System Resources. Close Some...
This article was previously published under Q181146
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you double-click Mail in Control Panel, or right-click the Inbox iconon the desktop and then click Properties, you may receive the followingerror message:
You need more memory or system resources. Close some windows and try again.
This behavior can occur if Outlook Express is your default SimpleMessaging application programming interface (MAPI) client.
To work around this issue, do not use Outlook Express as your defaultSimple MAPI client. To configure Outlook Express so that it is not yourdefault Simple MAPI client, follow these steps:
- Start Outlook Express.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the "Make Outlook Express my default Simple MAPI client" check box to clear it, and then click OK.
Article ID: 181146 - Last Review: 01/22/2007 17:47:42 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01
- Microsoft Outlook Express 4.0
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB181146