Unable to Connect to Secure Web Page Using Internet Explorer
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
- In Internet Explorer 4: An error occurred in the secure channel support.
- IN Internet Explorer 5: The page cannot be displayed. Cannot find server or DNS Error.
- The PCT (Private Communications Technology) 1.0, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) 2.0, or SSL 3.0 security check box is not selected.
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under Security, click one of the following check boxes to select it:
- PCT 1.0
- SSL 2.0
- SSL 3.0
- Click OK.
If your system is configured to use a proxy, do the following steps:
NOTE: The procedures that are described in this article may requireinformation about your proxy server that can only be provided by your systemadministrator or Internet Service provider. Because of this, you may need to contact your system administrator or Internet Service provider before you proceed.
For additional information about configuring Internet Explorer, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
- Under Proxy Server, click Advanced.
- Type the appropriate proxy server address and port in the Secure box, click OK, click OK, and then click OK again.
Article ID: 181147 - Last Review: 01/22/2007 17:47:40 - Revision: 3.1
- kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB181147