XADM: How to View the Amount of Space Used by Item Retention
This article was previously published under Q181448
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When running Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5, you may want to viewthe amount of space used by Item Retention. This article explains how todo so.
When running the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program, you can view theamount of space being used by Item Retention by doing the following:
Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
- View the Private Information Store properties for the server name you are administrating.
- After the properties are displayed, click the Mailbox Resources property page.
- Click View Columns.
- Choose to show the Deleted Items K column. Click OK.
- Now, when you view the Mailbox Resources tab, you can see the Deleted Items K column.
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
- Open Exchange System Manager.
- Click the server, click the Mailbox Store, right click the Mailboxes object, and then click View.
- Click Choose Columns, highlight Deleted Items (KB), click Add to move Deleted Items (KB) from Hidden columns: to Displayed items:, and then click OK.
- Click the View tab, and the click the Columns tab.
- Select Deleted Items (KB).
- Click the Add button.
There will now be a column for each mailbox with the size in KB for deleted item.
Exchange Server 5.5 and Exchange 2000
You can also see the total amount of space being used by Item Retention for the entire database using Performance Monitor:
- Start Performance Monitor.
- Select Edit, Add to chart.
- Select MSExchangeIS Private as the Object.
- Select Total Count and/or Size of Recoverable Items.
- Click OK.
Dumpster Item Recovery
Article ID: 181448 - Last Review: 10/07/2013 19:33:26 - Revision: 4.3
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbusage KB181448